Wednesday 15 August 2012

lesson learnt...

Needing to have a bit of a vent today.

Jellybean goes to a great school, he is making lots of progress there which is awesome but they are so GODDAM FRUSTRATING!!!!!

It is like a closed shop. I have no idea what they are doing really or how they are doing it. You basically have to trust them with your child. It is a strange environment. All the parents chat all the time about the fact that we dont know what we are doing and we are not told how to do it "their" way. Like we all somehow missed the training courses but they assume we know what we are doing. We are very quickly told off when we do something they are not happy with but we aren't often told how to do it the right way.

I am fudging my way through a few things namely to try and get him independence on going into class. I have no idea what prompts I should be using or shouldn't be using but they are not telling me what to do so i am trying my best. One of the parents was trying hard with their child today and I said to her what I did with Jellybean and it worked well for her child and she was more independant. The parent was really happy with how it went and we both went away happy.

At pickup it was written in RED pen that i was to focus on my child only and the staff will deal with the other children in the class....well if thats the case HELP HER!!!! Every day we all are totally confused and I try and help her and get told off...grrrrrr. I know its not my place to interfere in the schooling of other children, it is not something I really want to do either. It was just a conversation with a little bit of pointing, not intentional to affect how they are working with the child but as we were outside the class the teacher overheard us and said that because she knew what was going on then she had to tell me not to do it. oh well, learnt my lesson. Will not be doing that again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment